Price range, per nightmin R max R
Wonderfully central, Bedfordview is a well-established upmarket suburb east of Johannesburg with highly sought after residential properties, modern office blocks, and primo shopping facilities. There’s even an old farm with vast lake up against a natural ridge located in the suburb! Main... read more
We're finding our latest and greatest accommodation deals in Bedfordview just for you.
Updating Results based on your filtering preferences...In just a few moments we should find the ideal Bedfordview accommodation for you.
Wonderfully central, Bedfordview is a well-established upmarket suburb east of Johannesburg with highly sought after residential properties, modern office blocks, and primo shopping facilities. There’s even an old farm with vast lake up against a natural ridge located in the suburb! Main highways running in all directions meet at the Gillooly’s Interchange in Bedfordview for quick access to Johannesburg city, Sandton and Pretoria.
This cosmopolitan suburb has its share of chic restaurants and world class gyms, the area also has a wealth of top-performing schools and 2 sports clubs are based in Bedfordview.
Expect your stay in Bedfordview to be in consummate style and access to all conveniences, including transport, hassle-free.
Top 8 reasons to visit Bedfordview
1. For those seeking gift ideas, the Eastgate Mall has over 240 stores to browse and almost 3500 safe parking bays. For a less hectic shopping experience, visit the cosier Bedford Centre. Both malls have movie theatres and several eateries.
2. Spend a lazy day around the dam at Gillooly’s Farm. Opt for a picnic on the water’s edge or enjoy a meal at the onsite restaurant, a landmark in the area.
3. Merchants at Oriental City at Bruma Lake sell imported Chinese products at cut prices. The centre has over 300 stores that include medicines and acupuncture treatments. Korean, Chinese, Turkish and Indian restaurants on site.
4. Try the advanced anti-ageing solutions and body treatments at the New You Skincare Clinic in Bedfordview. The clinic sells an anti-oxidant range of products to repair and nourish the skin.
5. The adjoining Kensington suburb has an interesting historic walk to view the suburb’s Victorian and Edwardian homes, as well as a castle on the ridge. A map of the historic walk can be downloaded off the net.
6. The Linksfield Ridge hiking trail offers excellent views of the city skyline and the Magaliesberg Mountains. Start your hike from the Gillooly’s Farm entrance and towards dusk to watch a spectacular African sunset.
7. Yearning for an exceptional Italian meal? The Italian Club welcomes visitors to revel in a traditional meal from all regions at the Il Terrazzo restaurant. Imported Italian wines are available to accompany your dish.
8. Travel into the city to visit the fascinating ABSA Money Museum, housing the most complete collection of South African coins worldwide. Other exhibits include various forms of currency prior to coins and banknotes, such as beads and glass.
The OR Tambo International Airport is a mere 15 minute drive from Bedfordview. Car rental agencies are located at the airport and in Johannesburg city, otherwise order a vehicle online. Metered taxis, shuttle service companies and Uber all operate in the area.
Did you know?
There is no graveyard in Bedfordview, however, the original farm owner Sir George Farrar is buried here, the only official grave. Legend tells of an Indian Royal military man also buried in the suburb in full regalia.
Bedfordview was named after Bedford in the UK. It was the hometown of Sir George Farrar, a wealthy tycoon who made his fortune on the Johannesburg gold and Kimberley diamond fields during the 1870-1890 boom years.